Downsizing. Is it for you?
Home & Life Evaluation - 10 things you need to know
After 15+ years of helping clients downsize we have learned several lessons.Here is the numbered list formatted with HTML:
- Every home and client is different. No one book has all the answers
- You spent a lifetime of acquiring memories. Everything to you has meaning
- Every homeowner needs to choose what goes and what stays - Yes it can be difficult
- Clients need help analyzing the true cost of downsizing vs staying in the home
- The cost of not making a decision or having a plan in place is very expensive and stressful
- All options must be evaluated and the cost of each choice
- Early and well informed planning saves time, money and stress on the family
- Sometimes, the answer is to modify the home to fit your lifestyle and aging in place future
- We have seen families downsize too soon, then find themselves moving again as life changes
- Having a third party to review your home & life goals sometimes show you something you never knew or thought was possible
How we save our clients Stress - Time - Money
- Provide a Free Home & Lifestyle Consultation
- Offer flexible Payment Options & Financing
- Offer Free Home Analysis - maybe you can stay home for far less
- Property Management of your home
- We handle every part of Downsizing: Decluttering, Auction of personal property, Recycling, and waste disposal per EPA guidelines.
- Then we sell your home and manage the settlement process.
- Our Service is truly a one-stop-shop.
A few more Testimonials
"Clark’s years of experience have really come through for us on several transactions. His idea of doing good business is always to ‘do the right thing the right way’. I would recommend Clark to anyone needing his specialized services." — Darcie Ward , Beiler Campbell Realtors
“My wife and I are empty-nesters who wanted to downsize from a huge, executive style home but didn’t know how to tackle all the stressful details. We tried downsizing on our own, but got frustrated with the time-consuming searches, delays, logistical intricacies and missed opportunities.Our ‘trial and error’ approach wasn’t working, and we eventually gave up and put the move off. Clark’s service changed everything. He knows Real Estate, understands client expectations, and has an incredible knowledge of regional services and properties that met our select lifestyle.He soon found us the right-sized home in a luxury 55+ community that complements our vision of retirement living. He effectively managed all the details and was extremely patient!We love our new home, and would have never found it without Clark’s involvement.” — Robert John B
"We have recommended Clark dozens of times already. Should the time ever come for us to need another property and sell our current home (hopefully not for many years)... Clark is the first one we will call."— Phill and Danielle Carr
How to get planning
That's easy: Just call Clark at 610-842-8264 or email email@example.com
Some questions to ask yourself
- Do I need it or want it?
- Does it have sentimental value
- Do I use it often
- Do I have a similar item
Is a garage sale really worth it today?
In our opinion. NO. For these reasons
- It's a lot of work and time consuming
- You need good weather for good return
- You still have a big clean up of things that did not sell
- At best you get 50 people to show up, when at an auction you get 200+
Current auction items
Some of the best furniture made can be found at local auctions.
Auction every other Sat. All day
Depending on your furniture, it sometimes covers the cost of our fee.
200+ people shopping
All auctions are held indoors with 200+ people on average and more watching online